Sunday, October 21, 2012

Interview with Jessica Kong Author of 'A Lost Kitten'

Today I will be hosting the always groovy, Jessica Kong. We will be discussing her latest novel, the second installment to the Sea-anan Saga. 'A Lost Kitten'.


Jessica A. Kong lives in Somerset, New Jersey with her loving husband of twenty years and teenage triplets. She is an avid reader of fantasy, futuristic, and paranormals. When she is not reading she enjoys arts and craft, puzzles, crocheting, and video games. A Lost Kitten is Jessica’s debut novel. She is currently working on the second installment to the Sea-anan Saga entitled, “A Kitten’s Tale”.


So without further adoooo.....let's jump in ;)

1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 
I began to dabble in the art of writing during High School. I was a fan of the then popular singing boy group and created short stories about meeting them. My friends all loved the plots, characters, and dialogue even though I felt the sentence structure needed help.

2. As an indie author, what has been the most difficult part about being a writer?
The most difficult part for me is marketing. I would rather write and edit my book than market it. But I know without marketing no one would know who I am.

3. Who are the authors who inspire you?
That’s easy. Nora Roberts, Ann Rice, and Christine Feehan.

4. Do you plan/sketch your scenes before you write, or do you wing it? 
I write outlines of my story then go back and flesh them out.

5. Do you start writing your scenes as dialog or plot? 
Both. While I’m writing my outline, if my character has something to say then I jot the dialog down. If they are only doing something then I write that. I would go back and flesh it out when the rest of the story comes to me.

6. Please tell us more about the universe in which your book is set? 
My book is set in our universe and beyond, in other words, this dimension we live in. In my book, our dimension is called Guildhall. In a distant section of Guildhall, mixed breeds of felines have built a peaceful empire. This empire is under attack, as well as all of Guildhall by a tyrant bent on ruling Guildhall and all the other dimensions.

7. Who are your favorite characters in the book? 
John McCall. I love all the members of the Ruling Clan of Sea-ana. The Ruling Clan is made up of three families that are not related. Each family goes through hardship, starting with the parents, that each member becomes loyal and faithful to one another. Their bonds are strengthened because of all the hardships they endured over the years, creating one large family and a force to be reckoned with.

8. Tell us more about the book’s them? 
My book’s themes are family loyalty, love, faith, racial prejudice-yes aliens have that issue too-finding one’s soulmate, and the consequences of war.

9. How did you come up with the idea for your book? 
I watch a lot of movies and read a lot of books that give me a lot of crazy dreams. And like all writers, I keep my notebook on my bedside table for the more interesting dreams. 

10. What's next on your agenda?
I am working on establishing a fan base. I would love to hear from my fans through their reviews of A Lost Kitten and by visiting my Facebook and Goodreads pages and leaving me comments. They can also twitter me. I am also working on the next A Kitten's Tale installment, which I plan to release next year.  

Thanks so much for all the great info about yourself and your series! Very compelling stuff! Everyone out there reading please make sure to check out more about Jessica's books and follow her journey in the world of writing below!

Peace Peeps~Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment