Friday, November 23, 2012

Meet Author Sarwah Osei-Tutu - 'The Highs, The Lows, The InBetweens'

Today we will be meeting the lovely author & poet,  Sarwah Osei-Tutu. She will be sharing a bit about herself and her book, 'The Highs, The Lows, The InBetweens'. Please take a moment to click through the links & check out some of her sites.
 

About Sarwah Osei-Tutu, in her own words: I am a mother, entrepreneur, IT Engineer, poet and foremost a woman. I say this because, at times, we as mothers´forget we are individuals too. We hide under motherhood to excuse and justify our movements in life. I have 3 children aged from 17 to 1 years old, they keep my on my toes 24-7. They are the biggest aspect of my life. They keep me thinking of new adventures all the time, and sometimes they stop me taking some of them too. I am known to be rather wild at times.


Synopsis:
A book of poetry written at each stage of my life.  Childhood, University Student, Mother, Married, Separation and a Single Mother. Life is tough for everyone. I believe that everyone has struggled through one aspect of their life, others every aspect. I do have faith that one day, it will get better and the journey will end with a stronger, wiser woman at the end of it.
Life can get you down, but it is how you deal with these struggles that make you the person you are today. I find writing helps me deal with every aspect of my life.  The pleasant experiences are written so that I can turn back and be grateful for the things I have achieved in life.  The unpleasant experiences are written, so I can overcome them and deal with the problems that I am facing at the moment. I am publishing these personal parts of my life, to help others see that they are not alone.  I am not an expert in any domain, I have not succeeded in any aspect of my life, but I try to learn from my mistakes and in turn, I have become wiser.  Knowledge gained by experience, rather than through a book or education.  Therefore, take this journey with me, through every aspect of my life, the highs, lows and the inbetweens.
Excerpt:
THE HIGH, the lows, The In-betweens’
Sarwah Osei-Tutu
****
Published by:
Sarwah Osei-Tutu at Lulu
Copyright (c) 2012 by Sarwah Osei-Tutu
****

Frightened
Frightened of life
Frightened of time
Frightened of tomorrow
Frightened of yesterday
Where should we go?
Where did I go?
Too frightened to answer
Too frightened to know
To know what is before us
To know what is behind us
What does it mean?
To know the truth.
What could it mean?
To find out what lies beneath.
Ignorance could be bliss
But it never brings about peace
The peace that conquers
The things that make us frightened.

Beauty
The pain
The agony
The push
The pull
The screams
The cries
And then he came 
Beauty
In my arms
In my life
At last we meet face to face
At last you are by my side
Those feet that used to push
Those arms that used to punch
That body that used to turn
That back that used to hurt
Right inside of me
No longer inside
Now on the outside
Rubbing my hands against you
Stroking my fingers along you
Poking you
Are you real?
Prodding you
Are you real?
Touching you
Beauty
At last you are here
Here with me





Please get to know Sarwah Osei-Tutu by following her blog, facebook & twitter. Share this post and visit often. Let's keep supporting these amazing authors peeps! Writing makes the world go around....a world without books would be dull & lifeless!!
Peace~Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment